Wednesday 5 November 2014

The Good And The Bad

Two pieces of good news. I got email telling me that I am being considered for an IT position that I applied for. And I had a phone interview for another IT position I applied for.

Ir can be disheartening being unemployed and looking for work. A lot of the time, if you don't get an automatic response to your application, you don't get a response at all. If you're an older worker you face age discrimination; if you're a younger worker you have to battle the Catch-22 of  'can't get a job unless you have experience and you can't experience until you get. And yet both old and young workers get jobs all the time. It had to me in both instances. I have jobs in the past and I will again. It's  just a matter of keep on keeping on.

I was saddened that because of  other commitments I couldn't attend the memorial service for great Gough Whitlam in either the city or at Cabramatta. He was great man. May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment