Tuesday 4 November 2014

What Is One Thing You Don't Like About Yourself.

There are many things that I don't like about myself. But my propensity to procrastinate is the first thing that popped into my mind, so I'll write about that.

I'm a procrastinator. I even procrastinate over things I enjoy doing. For example going to the gym. I love exercising at the gym. I love the endorphin rush. I love having made the effort to go. And I feel fantastic at the end of a gym session. But I always argue with myself before I go. And whenever I lose the argument and I don't go -I miss that day and then another, then, a week, a month, a couple of months.

And then my clothes don't fit. My shirts become so tight that they feel like tattoos and I struggle to get into my trousers and think that I should start going back to the gym again and I do and I enjoy it -but soon enough the arguments and procrastination starts up again.

My therapist put forward the idea to me that I might be the sort of person that needs inner resistance to get things done. Something to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment