Sunday 9 November 2014

Morning Pages, Mourning Pages.

Who'd like to interpret a dream? I dreamed that I was swimming in an Olympic pool that was covered in bacon strips. They were floating hot and steaming, on the water. I could smell them. And then (whilst still dreaming) I remember telling someone about the bacon-pool dream and then I was along a medieval country road with a cast of thousands. Ken Russell was remaking his firm, The Devils. His assistant gave me a script. It was handwritten-like a doctor- I couldn't read what it said. I started to feel apprehensive and then I woke up.

I need to clean my house. Have you ever seen a rainbow? I have. A double one - like a double scoop of ice-cream. What does it all matter? I am not a doctor of love. Do you know what love is? Percy Sledge and Earth, Wind, and Fire. Crash. Bang. Pow. Shhh! Be very, very quiet. I don't know what conundrum means. I am a zebra crossing. I am seriously familiar. I think. I'm awaiting you. I think. You're a knock, knock joke without an answer. You're not there Carlos Santana. Parrots walk the streets of ice-cream and bananas.

Look over the world. Florida. I have no idea what I'm writing about. It's just flowing out of my pen. So many sentences fragments. I do know what conundrum means. Scream. Watch out for alligators. See you later alligator. Bill Haley and The Comets. Haley's comet. Commas, the Oxford Comma, slowly dying, perhaps dead, dead, dead, dead-The Dead -James Joyce- the Dubliners. Sometimes these morning pages are mourning pages. Without fruit, without a suit. This is the end of the page right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment