Thursday 6 November 2014

The Banal, The Mundane, and Humphrey

I am an old(er) fellow and it has been said that I'm funny (funny ha, ha and funny strange) but that's where that's where the similarities between  Humphrey.B. Bear and me  end. While I occasionally enjoy honey it's not my favourite fare and don't lead a very exciting life.

It can be difficult to write a blog-journal when your life's mundane. There is the urge to dramatize, over dramatize the banal as they do on reality TV shows.

SFX: dramatic music
Shot of reality show contestant dropping a plate.
RSC (in tears): I dropped my plate and I was devastated.
SFX: sad music
Other RSC:: I saw his plate falling and there was nothing I could do. My heart broke for him.

A coupe of good things about writing a journal are that it makes you see and appreciate the banal and the mundane. (A good writer can make making a peanut butter sandwich seem interesting, intriguing, and wonderful - a great writer make it  transcendent) and it (writing a journal) is an incentive for you to get off your arse and ,out of the house, go live life, and do stuff that's worth writing about.


No comments:

Post a Comment