Monday 22 June 2015

The Marvellous Mysterious Mind:

How it intrigues me in its manifest guises of unconscious, preconscious, and conscious, and especially as
revealed within the dream realm. On occasion, I may dream about a person whom I had forgotten all about. A person I went to school or  uni with, or with whom I worked years, perhaps even decades ago. A person who was neither friend or foe -a person who was the merest of acquaintances, someone who I may have said "hello" or had the briefest of small talks with on the rarest of occasions -and yet after many years they pop up in my dreams. Why? Or like last night. I dreamt I was at some sort of street carnival (I don't know where) with two women. I don't know who they were. Were they created by my imagination or did I see them peripherally in my waking hours but did not register them consciously and then my unconscious made a note to my preconscious to dream them up? Why? There's a school of thought that says everybody in your dream  Where these women two opposing Jungian archetypes or Freudian defense mechanisms? Or were they just meaningless firings of my brain’s neurons and synapses?

No comments:

Post a Comment