Sunday 14 June 2015

Once

Once I was a daffodillo (part daffodill, part armadillo) – but not any more.
I was once a honey whale. However, I am now no longer so.
Once I was a marshmallow bat but not any more.
I was once a strawberry key. However, I am now no longer so.
Once I was an invisible sailing ship but not any more.
I was once a ticking cotton bomb However, I am now no longer so.
Once I was a candle that dripped blood but not any more.
I was once a cradle of love but not any more.
Once I was a turtle pillow but not any more.
I was once a penguin diary. However, I am now no longer so.
Once I was a map to happiness but not any more.
I was once the paragon of tasty stew. However, I am now no longer so.
Once I was a tearful carousel but not any more.
I was once a term deposit on an igloo. However, I am now no longer so.
Once I was a piescraper (part pie, part skyscraper) but not any more.
Now I am a collection of the things that I once was but now am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment